My baby ...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sequin, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    ... was found dead this morning in the brooder box. I am devastated. It was the last to hatch, and it was a beautiful grey/yellow. The sweetest chick - that loved to cuddle. It was fine last night, but this morning ... I am clueless as to what happened. My sweet little baby, rest well. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wish I had a picture to share with you all, but my camera wasn't working and so I didn't take any. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] So sorry about your little chickie...

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Thanks friends!! I still cannot believe she is gone. I have felt lost all day. Normally I am not Quite so attached, but for some reason this little one really tugged on my heart. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she was a different color from all the rest; I had to help her hatch out of the shell; and I slept with her the first two nights of her life. Her name was Penguin. We buried her in the little towel she was wrapped in when she was born, and she is resting next to where her papa was buried. My hubby, such a sweet guy, he was almost as sad as I am. My neighbor came and cheered me a little by visiting with her daughter and taking a wonderful interest in the rest of all my chickens.

Thanks again for the hugs and thoughts!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by