My backyard needs more protection help, can you please give me some realistic suggestions? Time bomb

Would u just string fence to deck? Or the whole backyard? And yes legally her cat shouldn't be in my yard. It occasionally walks the fence to roam around. And as you can see by the pics- that means roam around everyone's yards. Maybe someone else will take her cats thinking they're feral and keep them inside... Awesome idea for me! But I'm dreaming.
I would just place a few lines, just a few feet apart from fence to deck. Just think of how a hawk glides down to land-even just one line of string will completely freak it out when it hits that. In my yard, they have a very long glide down, covering several feet. I can see just 2 strings hitting their descent.

Well, big coincidence in me posting in this thread today because I am here to say that the owl decoy does NOT work. Not even kinda. Had a hawk stalking my girls for a good hour. :( And even I could not shoo it away! :/ The girls found some deep brush and are ok-there is a clump of feathers on the ground, so I am assuming it tried to grab one but couldn't, and I will check girls in morning, but they appear to be fine...so forget the owl. THey did well with deep brush, so maybe designate and area of the yard to something along those lines...oh and listen-they made a HUGE ruckus.

Well, big coincidence in me posting in this thread today because I am here to say that the owl decoy does NOT work. Not even kinda. Had a hawk stalking my girls for a good hour. :( And even I could not shoo it away! :/ The girls found some deep brush and are ok-there is a clump of feathers on the ground, so I am assuming it tried to grab one but couldn't, and I will check girls in morning, but they appear to be fine...so forget the owl. THey did well with deep brush, so maybe designate and area of the yard to something along those lines...oh and listen-they made a HUGE ruckus. 

Oh I panicked reading your post!!! I am so glad to hear they're all ok! How terrible. I'm sure u were
going nuts.... Possibly even launching your shoes at it. Ok so I won't be buying an owl. For sure I'm stringing fishing line. I will think about what I can do to offer brush like shelters. Being fall, fresh isn't an option everything is dying. Can u hang lines in your yard? Poles to prop em up if there's no fencing?

Buy some Gorilla Glue Duct Tape. Cut short strips from the roll and place them sticky side up on the top rail of the fence and other surfaces that the cat climbs/walks across. :D

Not sure if it would deter it much but it sure would be fun to watch.

So any further ideas on keeping the cat off my property- short of shooting it.

Back
Top Bottom