My badly injured hen

nealsbirds

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
berryville
Well its been seven days since her injury, as I reported I amputated her wing saturday. I think she is better, I am giving her a 1ml shot of baytral everyday,and cipro mixed with a small amount of trammodal for pain. This has been so nerve wracking.On tuesday I changed her bandage and you could smell rotten flesh,so I figured massive dose of antibiotics could;nt hurt at that point,so I cut away the bad stuff and now I am I am spraying out the wound in my sink. Than I am spraying the wound with granulex V I bought at the feed store, applying bactrban and nolvasan ointment. I am trying to keep the wound wet, I have been burning the midnight oil reading up on all kinds of wound care. She has responded well she is up wandering around the room in my house where I keep her. She is eating turkey mash, mixed up macaw hand feeding fourmula and drinks water good. thanks everybody that has helped me through this very trying time. I am so glad I found this web sight.

sounds like you're doing your best; hope your girl makes it & returns to complete health.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom