My bathing beauties enjoy the sweltering 43 degree heat.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Preservation Acres, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Why are the simplest things so funny to watch? They were so happy to get out of their coop and free range. All they wanted to do was have a dust bath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    ha ha ha!!! chicken pile!!! [​IMG] so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    They had dirt flying everywhere. Very funny.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They certainly were luvin' it! Cute pics! [​IMG]

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I should go buy some dirt for mine.. all we have is snow [​IMG] but on a happier note they are finally brave enough to go out and walk around in it now!

6. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yeah, the snow finally melted, and they had the whole yard to explore but they went to their favorite spot and spent all of their time dust bathing.

It had been days and days since they last free ranged. Since the last dog attack on my australorp (who survived after about 30 stitches) I won't let them free range without supervision.

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Your birds look alot like mine did today! It was a nice warm up hopefully we will get a few more like it soon!

8. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    It does bring a big smile just to see how much they are enjoying their own version of ladies at the spa! Just looking at a happy chicken makes me happy!! Thanks for the photos!

9. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] OMGosh! Sure glad she survived! Have you found out who the dog belongs to? I'd make them pay for the vet bill for sure!

Oh Boy! I'd better stop right here before I get up on my soap box about people who let their dogs roam free and unsupervised! [​IMG]

Love the pics of the ladies having a spa day! And if you went days and days without a bath, wouldn't you do the human equivalent?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by