My bathing beauties enjoy the sweltering 43 degree heat.

Preservation Acres

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Why are the simplest things so funny to watch? They were so happy to get out of their coop and free range. All they wanted to do was have a dust bath.

005.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

I should go buy some dirt for mine.. all we have is snow
sad.png
but on a happier note they are finally brave enough to go out and walk around in it now!

Yeah, the snow finally melted, and they had the whole yard to explore but they went to their favorite spot and spent all of their time dust bathing.

It had been days and days since they last free ranged. Since the last dog attack on my australorp (who survived after about 30 stitches) I won't let them free range without supervision.

It does bring a big smile just to see how much they are enjoying their own version of ladies at the spa! Just looking at a happy chicken makes me happy!! Thanks for the photos!

Quote:
ep.gif
OMGosh! Sure glad she survived! Have you found out who the dog belongs to? I'd make them pay for the vet bill for sure!

Oh Boy! I'd better stop right here before I get up on my soap box about people who let their dogs roam free and unsupervised!
rant.gif

Love the pics of the ladies having a spa day! And if you went days and days without a bath, wouldn't you do the human equivalent??
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom