My bator stinks??? I am so sad please please hatchers your idea's

Cyn is right...we all have lost eggs, especiallly with shipped eggs thats always iffy anyway, even for the best people that hatch ....Your eggs that you got were not packed right to start with, it was worth a try to even try hatching the one...and something wasn't right with it anyway for it to go bad...Just take a deep breath...find some new eggs that you would like chicks from and try again...we all learn something new everytime we try hatching....

Last edited:
Are you using the little dome incubator? If I were you I would look into getting a different incubator and then get some eggs from someone from BYC. I think your girls would enjoy it so much!

jackie

Are you using the little dome incubator? If I were you I would look into getting a different incubator and then get some eggs from someone from BYC. I think your girls would enjoy it so much!

jackie

No we made a bator when my DBIL saw our sorry excuse for a bator LOL. He helped us build a styrofoam one from missprissy's directions. We had it done the day before this egg came and it was working perfectly. I was actually surprised at how well it was keeping the temp. and humidity. I guess I need more eggs. If anyone has or hears about Americana, white rock, partidge rock or buff rock eggs for sale please let me know.

Edited to add: For sale one dome mini incubator, brand new. LOL
tongue.png

Last edited:
Yeah, if it smelled bad it was bad. And even if it was alive when you cracked it, (you would have seen a heart beating), it would have died of that infection anyways. Good luck on your next batch.

So sorry - what a frustration! But sounds like you are well on the way to a successful hatch - just need some better eggs to start!

Good thing you took that egg out when you did - it would have eventually 'exploded' and that would have been very hard to clean up out of your new bator!

hsm5grls, I know what you mean, I never thought I would be so emotionally attached to the eggs. I had a lump in my throat every time I had to throw out a bad egg. Karen

Definitely don't give up. It is unfortunate that your first experience was with eggs that didn't fare well through the stresses of shipping. I'm sure you'll do much better with eggs that start out in better shape!!! It is really hard to lose babies, especially when they have started to develop, but even the best broodies can't hatch a bad egg. Get some more eggs and go for it!!!!

Lori

Back
Top Bottom