My beautiful Frack is sick/injured? Can't hold head up. Update: Happy ending to this story!!!!

I couldn't have done it without those of you who helped so much on this thread!

Frack is one of my first chickens. We have since built up a nice community of Brahmas, but Frack has always been special. She is housebroken. She comes when she is called. She even used to lay her eggs in our bed upstairs until one day she tried to come down the stairs instead of calling us and came down like a bowling ball. Now we have an end-table dog crate that is her official nest, although she shares it with one other spoiled chicken who comes inside to lay every day.

We are as attached to Queen Frack as we are to our 17-year-old dog, Ruby. They are cherished members of the family and I know they are getting "up there" in years and we will lose them, but not this week!

Thank you everybody!

So happy to know your TLC worked with Frack!
wee.gif

Frack is beautiful. Great news to hear that she pulled through. It is hard when our beloved companions begin to get older. Lovely story.

What kind of amoxicillin did you buy? I can't seem to find just amoxicillin for chickens or how much to give them. Thank you!

What kind of amoxicillin did you buy? I can't seem to find just amoxicillin for chickens or how much to give them. Thank you!

Welcome to BYC!

Google amoxicillin for fish and you'll find that it's sold in 250 mg capsules and possibly 500 mg capsules. Dose is ~57 mg per pound orally twice a day.

-Kathy

I had forgotten that Frack had this problem until I saw these new posts this morning! I am happy to say Frack recovered and lived another almost 3 years, dying just a couple of weeks ago at the age of 10+. She was the best!

It was the amoxicillin for fish that I used.

Last edited:
I had forgotten that Frack had this problem until I saw these new posts this morning! I am happy to say Frack recovered and lived another almost 3 years, dying just a couple of weeks ago at the age of 10+. She was the best!

It was the amoxicillin for fish that I used.

So sorry for your loss! :(

-Kathy

I'm having the same problem with my 4 week old astrolorp. Any help out there? And where can I view the awnsers? My member name of Mskluck

Back
Top Bottom