My Bella died suddenly

I Have located a rescued female and she also has 2 goslings. After a quarantine and clearance from the vet I will talk to the rescue. Goslings would sure be nice and I put some heat in my barn for all my little ones. I have 11 chickens too. Thank you, I really appreciate the help and kindness. Not everyone gets how we love them so much.
It’s hard not to love geese honestly, you aren’t alone in that!

Let us know how things work out for your gander.

Sorry for your loss. This is roughly how my neighbor's Embden passed. No visible wounds, she stayed out the night before (not coming back to the barn) if I recall, and I think she might have been a little slow too. But otherwise no signs. We weren't sure of her age.

Did you ever find out what happened?

Sorry for your loss. This is roughly how my neighbor's Embden passed. No visible wounds, she stayed out the night before (not coming back to the barn) if I recall, and I think she might have been a little slow too. But otherwise no signs. We weren't sure of her age.

Did you ever find out what happened?
So sorry! I did a necropsy and we found nothing. According to my vet Geese will have no heart symptoms until they are found dead. She believes she had heart failure. They are very hardy birds but the rapid breeding of popular breeds is leading to more of these problems. Just sad to lose such a beautiful farm friend..

So sorry! I did a necropsy and we found nothing. According to my vet Geese will have no heart symptoms until they are found dead. She believes she had heart failure. They are very hardy birds but the rapid breeding of popular breeds is leading to more of these problems. Just sad to lose such a beautiful farm friend..
Terrible, well that's good to know. I plan to breed down the road, but will do it responsibly as I can.

I Have located a rescued female and she also has 2 goslings. After a quarantine and clearance from the vet I will talk to the rescue. Goslings would sure be nice and I put some heat in my barn for all my little ones. I have 11 chickens too. Thank you, I really appreciate the help and kindness. Not everyone gets how we love them so much.
I feel for you. My female goose is laying her fourth egg at the moment. Two have already broken. I have not been able to get the second broken one out of the nest yet. She made her nest in the communal coop which has four geese that have all grown up together and are almost a year old. Tilly is the only female. Her mate is very attentive to her and the "uncles" wait outside while she is on the nest laying. The two uncles pace around the coop and up and down the stairs nervously not leaving until she comes out. I would also be heartbroken of one of them suddenly died. My condolences and heart felt sorrow for you. Cara

Terrible, well that's good to know. I plan to breed down the road, but will do it responsibly as Yes, let them be 2 seasons of eggs is what the vet said

I feel for you. My female goose is laying her fourth egg at the moment. Two have already broken. I have not been able to get the second broken one out of the nest yet. She made her nest in the communal coop which has four geese that have all grown up together and are almost a year old. Tilly is the only female. Her mate is very attentive to her and the "uncles" wait outside while she is on the nest laying. The two uncles pace around the coop and up and down the stairs nervously not leaving until she comes out. I would also be heartbroken of one of them suddenly died. My condolences and heart felt sorrow for you. Cara
Thank you Cara. She is being introduced this week to goslings and has taken a fatherly disposition with mama Areal and babies Dolly and Reba. :)

Back
Top Bottom