my big fat chicken fight good news!

i think the nebraska right to farm says i would have to have 10 or more acres. i was told that amongst what i am entitled to that asking for the ordinance to be changed would be in order. thus the same rights for everybody. not that everybody on my block wants chickens, but most of them did not oppose me and signed my petition. early in the investigation i was asked what i would want. i told them i would want reimbursed for my gas having to drive 36 miles to visit them, take care of them. the city pay my fine, and wipe the charge from my record.

Littlegorb, please do not forget that your neighbors are taking alot of harrassment too. When you are compensated you need to have a block party!!! Personally I can not wait for the chickens to return...it will be easier to give them scraps when they are not 18 miles away!!!
tongue.png
thumbsup.gif
:clap:weee

well if we have a block party i don't think morrill county jail is big enough to accommodate all of us. if our smart city clerk would have just taken the time to look up the law none of this would have happened. but no, she had to run and get "the book" of ordinances. now the city is sweating because of her. she could be our guest of honor when we serve up our organic goodies we grow in our backyard, (and on the right of way haha) along with some nice deviled eggs.

let this be a lesson, little miss city clerk, PRIDE WILL GET YOU NOWHERE! and to all the sheep on our city council, DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON AGENDA ITEMS BEFORE YOU SHUT SOMEBODY UP AND NOT EVEN VOTE ON THE ITEM, WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF THE OPEN MEETINGS ACT! you dummies. even the mayor has no backbone!

why bother voting for anybody for anything because when they want your vote they are all "cock of the walk", then when they get voted in they are all scaredy cats afraid to stand up, they all just go along with each other. make sense?

Ummm, there is still the issue of you being jailed. I think at the VERY least you should get a nicely written apology. They should also foot the bill for the rent, after all the chickens needed housing and the person who helped you should be reimbursed.
hmm.png

Slinky

the investigator did ask me what i would want to conciliate, part of that would be for the city to pay my fine, reimburse me for gas, and an apology. i think the apology part is what really t'd them off. the person who owns the property where i keep them has mentioned charging me for renting his coop. that is all i wanted but noooo. now the city may be in real deep doo doo.

Back
Top Bottom