My bird laid partial egg -- is this normal?

chickenpaprikas7

Chirping
Aug 10, 2020
I found this in the brooder today. Is this normal. My hens are not quite a year old. Pls advise. Thank you,

Attachments

• what is this egg abomination.jpg
    what is this egg abomination.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 14
I agree with Sourland.
Also, what do you mean by "brooder"?
Where they lay the eggs. I call it a brooder -- not sure that's correct. So, what should I do? Wait for it to happen again -- it's only happened this once and all the chickens seemed to be acting normal. What should I do next? And thanks for the response.

Where they lay the eggs. I call it a brooder -- not sure that's correct. So, what should I do? Wait for it to happen again -- it's only happened this once and all the chickens seemed to be acting normal. What should I do next? And thanks for the response.
I've always called it a egg box, or nesting box.
What do you feed them? If you don't already, I would supplement them with calcium from crushed egg shells or oyster shells.

I've always called it a egg box, or nesting box.
What do you feed them? If you don't already, I would supplement them with calcium from crushed egg shells or oyster shells.
I do put out oyster shell for them; I feed the purina layena which also has oyster shell in it. they also get treats -- dried meal work and scratch. how would I know if it's something serious with the reproductive system.

I do put out oyster shell for them; I feed the purina layena which also has oyster shell in it. they also get treats -- dried meal work and scratch. how would I know if it's something serious with the reproductive system.
If it continues to happen, it could be a reproductive problem. Since it's only happened once, and they are still young, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom