My birds. Unsure if one is a boy or girl?

GalvestonWader

Chirping
Apr 5, 2021
Texas
Here are my birds. The black one and the two reds are female Sexlinks. The store was unsure about the breed and gender of this fourth one. It has lots of feathers on it's legs and feet, and a more pronounce comb which is much more red that the other three. Ironically my daughter named this one Bob. I think she jinxed me and we ended up with a cockerel here. Any thoughts from y'all on breed and gender?
birds.jpg
birds2.jpg
birds3.jpg
birds4.jpg

Here are my birds. The black one and the two reds are female Sexlinks. The store was unsure about the breed and gender of this fourth one. It has lots of feathers on it's legs and feet, and a more pronounce comb which is much more red that the other three. Ironically my daughter named this one Bob. I think she jinxed me and we ended up with a cockerel here. Any thoughts from y'all on breed and gender?
View attachment 2663211View attachment 2663213View attachment 2663214View attachment 2663216
What a handsome Mr♥️

It appears you have some cockerels. The ones I think you think are Sex-Links are hatchery Production Reds or Rhode Island Reds. I breed Rhode Island Reds. Good luck and have fun...
I called these females the Andrews sisters, The Rhode Island White was patty, The Rhode Island Red was Laverne and the Red Sex-Link was Maxene. They always hung out together.
2014-03-04 16.12.54.jpg

SO interesting! I have some exactly like it, similar sized!
Except I have a Golden laced wyandotte (He's a cockerel), 2 isa browns, and a black sex link! ALmost exactly the same as you!!

Your golden laced cochin looks like a cockerel, while the others look like pullets.

View attachment 2663211View attachment 2663213View attachment 2663214View attachment 2663216
The red ones look like isa browns, not sex links... the black one is a Black Sex link though. The black and gold is def a gold laced cochin

Back
Top Bottom