My Black Jersey Giants

crossbowhunter5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Saltville Va
My Black Jersey are starting to lay a few eggs I figured that wouldn't lay till they were 10 months mine are 7 months old I am very happy with my Black Giants my pullets are twice as big as my brothers 19 month Road Island Reds I can only guess how big they are going to get by the time they are old enough to hatch there eggs the will me lol Black Jersey Monsters . The 2nd pic is my brother's chickens

to hear from others that have the BJG

Last edited:
I have no BJG, yours are beautiful, they will continue to grow and fill out for at least two years, some of my older chickens seem bigger every year, so the older they get the bigger they will be, they must eat a lot, nice.

These are our two Jersey Giants and we absolutely love them. Their names are Strip (larger one) & Nugget. They are about 20 weeks old. They were very interested in our three new buff orpingtons this morning.

I have 11 BJG and I love them! Pretty Docile unless one of the dogs get out and then its nothing but me getting bashed in the face by hard hitting wings! They deff eat more then the standard birds ive owned, RIR's. But that's ok cause there still beautiful! They are about 6-7 months old now and not yet laying. I have 10 Olive Eggers, F2's coming soon! Just waiting for the breeder to tell me when to pick them up!

Hello
My Black Jersey Giants will be 9 months old on the 15th & i have 15 & one rooster & my pullets are starting to lay a few eggs we changed to a different feed it's called Barteltt Laying Pellets & it's a 20% & it seems to be a better feed than the Layena for now & if the new feed keeps this up we will switch to it . My Black Jerseys are going to be WHOPPERS & they do eat more than the standard breeds it don't matter i love em & i am going to be hatching out when they are fully matured late summer or early fall but i will most likely wait untill next spring before i start hatching any & being a pure breed i am gonnna be selling some of my eggs on Ebay for other chicken owners can have the breed . I ordered them from Cackle & they all lived & i had 4 extra rooster than i had ordered OOPS!! Cackle refunded my money for the extras & some lowlife stole 7 of them when the were about 5 months old while we were out cutting wood & went to do my head count & 7 were just vanished none of them were outside the pen or no where to be found. I finally had to put a lock on the pen . I named the rooster i chose to keep Bigfoot & he is a very handsome young dude . I have always liked the black chickens it came down to the Black Australorps or the Black Jersey Giants & i am glad i chose the Giants Love them & they are my favorite breed now .

Helo Crossbowhunter5,
I am pleased to see another BJG enthusiast. Nice to meet you! I've acquired 2 dozen of these fine birds to raise and rear, they are two weeks old and just lovely little aristocrats. This breed is so lovely and everything I've read suggest they are the perfect bird for homesteading. Yours are just beautiful and it is obvious they are well cared for with so many great looking pullets. I wish you much success selling these as I would love to see more people keeping this glorious heritage breed.

Hi I've got Jersey Giants :) 2 whites 1 black 1 blue and a black cross jersey Giant they are absolutely stunning birds I've also got a bantam and a cross bred hen.My jersey Giants lay 5 eggs a week during summer they are only 2 though and when they first started to lay we had double Yolkers for weeks from all of them!

Hi I've got Jersey Giants :) 2 whites 1 black 1 blue and a black cross jersey Giant they are absolutely stunning birds I've also got a bantam and a cross bred hen.My jersey Giants lay 5 eggs a week during summer they are only 2 though and when they first started to lay we had double Yolkers for weeks from all of them!
Thank you for sharing! We would love to see some pictures of your flock. Since it has been a while i have done the same here are my giants now at 4 months old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom