My Black Orpington

ichoudhury

Songster
9 Years
Jan 3, 2011
Stone Mountain
I have two Black Orpington Roosters who are now my only chicken after loosing two Hen (Avian Predator is my primary suspect). So my initial attempt to trade them for other Orpington hasn't generated any fruitful result, so I am thinking of just keeping them. Although I am not sure how long can this two crow in the morning and not make my neighbors unhappy. Even though my closest neighbor's house is about 200+ feet away from my house, they both have very heavy duty voice
smile.png
) ...

Anyway, I've been thinking about introducing two Hen but possibly Lavender or Black. My question is, these are Giant breed, but can I introduce Bantam Orpington with them? I do not think I can keep that many giant Orpington in my Coop. I can add 2 Bantam to keep them comfortable in the coop I have.

6378250017_68ab7be2e4_z.jpg

If he tries to breed a bantam he could do some serious damage to her or even kill her. Also I've never owned chickens but I'm not sure if just two hens is enough for two roos. They can also over breed the hens if there's not enough of them.

Thanks for all the advice (and of course for the compliments). They both are so close to each other, I am not so sure how I can separate them. I can't keep too many chicken, yet they are both boys (big boys), so I am in dilemma. Maybe one of these days, I will find a local farm who will take both of them (where they will have a happy life) and perhaps I will get two Hen instead. LOL

Here's both brothers together

6382458929_3c9d30be2a_z.jpg

Two hens are not nearly enough for those guys. If you absolutely can't split them up and can't have more than 4 chickens, just keep them and don't get any hens.

Back
Top Bottom