My Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Trio

love.gif
Cute!

did your roo have more of a golden look when he was a baby? i ask cause I picked up a trio of babies...and one is more gold then the other 2...and the breeder swears they don't have any golden laced wyandottes...so...maybe this is my roo?

I"m not sure about that none of my babys have had Gold in them unless they were the Golden Laced Wyandottes? I have 1 small chick that I bought just to raise up for eggs and to look at ofcoarse and it's a gold laced maybe I can send you pics to compare them. All of the BLRW chicks I have seen look like a little chipmunk brown and black with some tan/cream colors. Also some are lighter than others because when you breed blue to blue you get 50% blue chicks 25%black chicks and 25% splash chicks. This is why I have a Splash Rooster over a 1 Black Laced hen and 1 Blue Laced hen. The Splash to Black will produce 100% blue chicks and Splash to Blue will produce 50% blue chicks and 50% splash color chicks. Just trying to give some FYI to folks that might not know this? I will also upload a breeding color chart in this post to fill people in a little better. Thanks

Last edited:
Missy, They look good. On the far left you have a Blue the middle one is a splash and the one on the right is a black laced. This is the same thing I have. Wouldn't that be funny? and I do believe your Roo is the splash one in the middle.

Last edited:
@ rednana9 I bought some hatchery BLRW from murray mcmurray and was some what disapointed with the quality. They do not have true (Pure) BLRW all the chicks I got from them were 100% splash color and no straight blues. Which is what I breed for most people like the blue color and don't realize you get 3 different color paterns when breeding blue x blue. I ended up selling all the hatchery quality and buying from a breeder you will be much happier and get pure birds depending on where you buy them. Let me know if I can help you out in anyway I will be selling hatching eggs from my trio in the next few weeks. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom