My Boston has seizures

I am very sorry to hear about your Boston.

Our 14 year old Pekingese has seizures as well (she's also blind & deaf), we adopted her from the shelter when she was approx. 10 years old so we have no idea when they started. She does not take medicine for them now as when she was on them, they occurred nearly every day so our vet suggested taking her off of them, and guess what? She can go 2-3 months without having a single one.

When she does have them, she does urinate on herself. Is your Boston having bathroom problems during the seizures (that would normal) or pretty much "all" the time?

Quote:
WOW, why would she have more without meds than with? He urinates during the seizures. Then for the next few days he pees on the floor even tho he goes out like 6 times a day.
Do you have any links to info on dogs having more seizures off meds?
FYI for your little dog, I am looking into rectal valium to give during a seizure.

Quote:
WOW, why would she have more without meds than with? He urinates during the seizures. Then for the next few days he pees on the floor even tho he goes out like 6 times a day.
Do you have any links to info on dogs having more seizures off meds?
FYI for your little dog, I am looking into rectal valium to give during a seizure.

My vet had mentioned the stress of the medicine on her already stressed body could cause her to have more. Stress, environmental change, etc. causes her to have them, anyway, well, they are the main trigger.

My moms husband as well as my younger sister has seizures as well. Her hubby medicine is no longer controlling his, but fortunately my sister's are controlled.

I hope your Boston feels better!

Back
Top Bottom