1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My boy turns 8 today...how did that happen?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nikki1, Feb 4, 2012.

1. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    How did my boy get to be 8? It's impossible that 8 years have gone by! One minute you're changing their diapers, the next you're teaching them to ride a bike, and before you know it they go and turn 8! I'm going to blink twice, and he'll be graduating high school.

As long as everyone is clear that he may be getting older, but that I am certainly not! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, honey, you just wait. My oldest son will turn 35 in April. WHAT??? How is that possible when I'm only 35? [​IMG] Yes, I think I'll just stay under this chair.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    And my son will turn 47 in March. [​IMG] I have found that the non aging part works better if you throw out all mirrors. [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That's great!!! [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Time snuck up on ya, huh?

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Yep, time sure does have a way of sneaking up on ya. My youngest is 20 and my oldest is 30-something now. [​IMG]

I don't know how they got older than me.

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I quit counting my birthday because it was making me
    old. I'm not sure I like this "being old" thing yet.

I really felt old today.

My daughter bought a valentine gift for her first boyfriend
    today. And a special card.

She's growing up and I can't stop it. Daddy isn't so important
    anymore. She use to make me her valentine card. Still one
    hanging on the cork board here in my office.

Reckon it'll have to do again this year...

Spook

8. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    Yeah...doesn't help that we had kids later than most. We have an 8 year old and a 4 year old, and I'm 43 and my husband is 53! I have a friend whose kids are my kids' ages, and I'm just a year younger than her mother!

Anyway, my 102 year old grandmother says she doesn't think too much about being old (!!!!!!) until she looks at how old her kids are. I guess the sensation is fairly universal. [​IMG]

--Nikki

(To make matters worse, my BABY is now able to type her own name without help. Here she is: KATIE [​IMG] (She also likes smilies. This was her choice.)

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    You are asking me? My daughter is turning 11 this year and is about to go to middleschool. When i met my husband he was in the Army for 4 years now he is 4 years from retiring from there.

10. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    My muchkin turned 28 the other day. [​IMG]Her sister would be turning 26 this March, and my baby is 24. God I'm old. I am just grateful that none of my kids have decided to make me a grandma yet. As long as I'm not a granny, then I can't be that old. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by