1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My boyfriend on silkies...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dowie, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm trying to convince him we need silkies. I showed him some photos. His response: "Furry alien mushrooms with legs".

I think that's why I love them so much![​IMG]

2. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    So the title of this made me think of the "your brain on drugs" commercials. I was expecting to see a pic of a boyfriend with a funny look or somethiing at the thought/sight of silkies. [​IMG]

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:Finally someone who agrees with me. I've been saying it for a long time. Silkys are aliens here to take over the world and suck our brains out and turn us into slaves. I went to a show once and I swear they were looking at me funny. Like they knew I didn't like them.

I hope he went out and bought stock in tin foil cuz if this silky craze keeps up lots of people are going to need some for their hats. I may just design hats for people who want to look good while wearing them.

I keep Jersey Giants in my yard to stomp those nasty things into the ground if they even think of coming in my yard. You have to be careful or one day you'll go to open the coop and there they are.

I once had a friend who didn't have any and one day she came out and there they were running around with her other birds. She had no idea when they landed or where they were hiding their ship. Even as she was taken away, she kept screaming they're coming , they're coming!

Tell you boy friend to stick with manly chickens.

Rancher

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    I am one of the taken over Silkie people - [​IMG] they control me they force me to pick weeds for them [​IMG] , they have me picking up bugs and taking to them - I am forced to take pans of ice water to them [​IMG] -- and yes the holding they come up to me and do that cute little fuzzy butt dance [​IMG] and before I know it they are on my lap getting a cuddle [​IMG] ---- Silkies may take over but - it is wonderful.

Get you some Silkies - don'r let anyone tell you they are not Darlings.

LOL [​IMG]

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I had three and sold them. No control over me. I'm to strong.

rancher

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Rancher Hicks......I've seen those foil hats on the movie "Signs"......Very easy to make! LOL

I am not a huge silkie fan......They definitely resemble aliens......I'm right with ya! haha

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Silkies are not my favorite breed, but what qualities they lack, they make up for in fluffiness, true. [​IMG]

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hmmmm..... If it were me, I'd go out and get a few. Especially if I had the room in my coop. Just make sure to bring home extra, you don't want to end up with all roosters and rehoming.

We only had 4 chicks. Hubby said NO MORE!!! Hahahaha.... I accidentally drove to the farm store and bought 1, he wasn't mad, so two days later brought 3 more home. They had breeds I HAD to have. I was shocked that dh wasn't mad at me. He's not a big chicken fan and only wanted a couple for eggs. I'm planning on breeding my frizzle with the neighbors rooster and keeping 1 or 2 of the hatchlings. As long as they are girls.

9. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Awe they are just so FLUFFY!!! [​IMG]
    Can't help but wanting to cuddle them! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mrs918

mrs918 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    They may look like little aliens, but I've joined the silkie band wagon... Just have to wait till next year to sneak one in so the DH won't get too grumpy [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by