My brave little dog

Just because you had no trust and confidence (rightly so) and refused tx does not mean you have to pay the bill, had you left her overnight she would have received "nothing" as the vet did not believe she had been bitten in the first place, you might check with theboard of vet med and see if complaints have been filed with this practice, since it was emergency care I bet it was ten times the amount of a reg vet visit, it's not really the money though, it's the principle. I really hate it when people are taken advantage of like that, it gives everybody a black eye. good luck though, I really like beagles

Achickenwrangler#1 :

Just because you had no trust and confidence (rightly so) and refused tx does not mean you have to pay the bill, had you left her overnight she would have received "nothing" as the vet did not believe she had been bitten in the first place, you might check with theboard of vet med and see if complaints have been filed with this practice, since it was emergency care I bet it was ten times the amount of a reg vet visit, it's not really the money though, it's the principle. I really hate it when people are taken advantage of like that, it gives everybody a black eye. good luck though, I really like beagles

x2 The vet would not have treated for snake bite and said so. Dixie was obviously snake bit. Take pictures to document and, when you discover the bite marks themselves, document them, too.

I'm glad she is hanging in there. I surprised she turned down the whey! Just keep hydrating. Poor puppy. Poor puppy mama!

PS: My ten year old reads this forum, too.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom