My broilers didn't completely feather out.

JennaWisconsin

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
I am raising my first batch of broilers and I am learning as I go. I have 30 broilers that about 6 weeks old. Most have grown in all their feathers but I have some that don't have feathers around their butt. Is something wrong or is this in the breeding? All seem very healthy and I am with them many times through out the day and I don't see them picking on eachother. Any advice is appreciated. I have them free ranging all day and in the coop with my other chickens at night.

Oh good I was worried. I did read that they are bred to have less feathers so maybe that's it. They are so ugly hahaha! Other than the feathers everyone is eating and drinking and look very healthy.

Yea i heard they have less feathers, so i have to keep the coop warmer. they are ugly! Glad there doing good, they tend to have heart and leg problems.

Yea i heard they have less feathers, so i have to keep the coop warmer. they are ugly! Glad there doing good, they tend to have heart and leg problems.

Back
Top Bottom