My brooder caught on fire

OMG that's scary. I have the ecoglow Heatplate for that reason. Im.sacred to fire! My chicks love it too. They run under it when they want warms and protection and sleep and run about for food and water. I highly recommend one! And they have a small one for like 10 chinks max and another one that has like 20 plus fyi

I had a small fire outside the brooder. I immediately bought the stuff to set up the Mama Heating Pad method (you can search that term on BYC and easily find the thread). The chicks have loved their heat cave and thrived. I'll never brood any other way now.

How scary! But so glad everyone is okay. I had a heat lamp last year, and had it secured several ways, and it still made me scared! I tried the mama heating pad thing, but then my husband did research and wasn't crazy about that, since heating pads aren't meant to be run 24/7, and it's warned not to leave them on when you're not using them, due to fire hazard. So..... this year we're doing the EcoGlo brooder just to be safe. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom