~my Broodie's Chicks Hatching~ ~pics From Today 5/5/11~

lcw1995

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Marysville Ohio
There so quiet when there incubating but when the chicks start hatching, its like the broodies know something amazing is going on under them. they start clucking and everything.
I even noticed one of my best broodies stand up a little to let some of the chicks get out of the egg, like shes taking the weight off the chick enough to let it out then she sits back down on it to keep it warm.
Here's some pictures of all three of them about a week ago:

My best broodie:
mychickens061.jpg

First Timer:
mychickens060.jpg

Another First Timer:
mychickens062.jpg

All three of them together fighting over the nests before I made them their own:
mychickens055.jpg

mychickens058.jpg

And heres all three of them in separate nests:
mychickens063.jpg

As of about 10 minutes ago, they all have 1 so far. Theres 16 eggs that could hatch.
I will get pictures later today!

Last edited:
Pictures of 2 of the 3 light colored chicks.Will post pictures of the other light colored ones later.Theres 1 more light one under the little partridge girl in the corner but i forgot to get that one out.Theres 2 other darker colored ones.1 red and 1 black I think.The red one is under the mottled and the black is under the partridge.The one in the middle has 2 hatching under her now.

mychickens065.jpg

GiddyMoon-I just nailed some wood together. about 12" wide wood and made a box then filled it all the way up with straw. They love it! I will have more pictures of it once I get more pictures of the darker chicks tomorrow.
Mycutekitties- thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom