My broody died, probably from heat and poor condition after broody mania

Kalimani

Chirping
Apr 15, 2015
hi All, the title says most of it. She did manage to hatch 2 babies, and spend about 3 weeks with them, being the best mom ever. I might go into details on another post, but right now I'm just feeling sad, my first loss, and hard to express my feelings to those who are not as interested in my birds.
So I am seeking solace here!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry for the loss of your hen. It's always sad to lose one of our flock. :eek:(

So sorry, maybe she was the type that barely ate or drank because she didn't want to leave her nest. I'm glad you have some chicks from her to carry on.

I'm sorry for the loss of your girl. Sometimes it's hard for non-poultry folks to understand losing a wonderful bird can be as hard as losing any other pet.
hugs.gif

Thank you all for your kind responses, and apologies for my late response. Her 2 chickies are now about 5 weeks old, very cute, although i fear one is a male, which might become a problem, we will see.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Oh, I'm so sorry about your loss. :hugs

I lost my first hen due to heat and long term broodyness yesterday. I had her in a broody buster and she was fine at lunch. Found her expired at 430. So sad. She was a beautiful moddled Java but had been extremely broody with no eggs for over 3 weeks. It was mid 90s. She spilled all of her water and food out of the BB. Not sure what happened. I'm only raising non broody breeds as long as I have a job and a family to raise. I just don't have time to care for a chicken all day. I really feel like I let her down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom