My Broody Experiment has ended.. :0(

Sending well wishes your way!!
smile.png

jumpy.gif

Thanks ibpboo.

Today the 14 year old took out the warm towel and let her off the nest... had another extreme broody poop. I imagine she needed to get it out. Ate a little sipped a little water and was ready to get right back on those eggs. Hope she stays on until they are DONE>

Wow... at about 1AM we will be exactly half way done... I HOPE!

Are blue eggs hard to candle?

And the countdown continues.

I let her off for about 3 minutes today (w/ warm towel over the eggs).

She didn't get water or feed, she went straight to the grass and started scratching.

When I get off work today, I'm going to pick some grass and put it at the front of her nest... see what she does. Think I'll give her some more salmon too... protein should help her.

I imagine the next 9 days will be the longest of the incubation period.. (for me at least)

As soon as it's light out, I'll go out with the warm towel and let her off to poop etc...

We had a gorgeous warm day yesterday. The wind from the day before had blown all of the pollution out of the valley of the sun and it was wonderful. The sunset was gorgeous. It got up to 75 degrees!

I put a little layer mash in one corner of her nest and water in a small can in the other front corner. I went out later and noticed she had been eating and drinking...so I've got to let her off to poop.

5 more days of this and then I won't bother her at all. I'll leave her be for the last 4 days.

A week from tomorrow and I hope she'll have pips but I don't even want to look under her then until we have a chick or two.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, after the happenings of the past 24 hours, I probably won't be posting on this thread until a week from today. If she doesn't hatch any out, we'll run to the feed store and buy her three chicks to put under her and pray she takes them.

Hve a good on yall.

Jim, hope you get rid of your headache. I messed up my back big time yesterday.

I can almost walk today.

ack..... man ,, be careful ,, damp warm heat,,, wet towel heated up is the best,,, and i dont care who tells ya to not to do anything for a week,,,, blah on them,, after 4 days you need to start using it again ,, not real work,, but a little stretching, and movement..... trust me i know
wink.png

and thankies man ,, i think its going away ,, i did some "home remedy"
wink.png
,, and got the "chickie poo" smell off me
big_smile.png

i really hope your "owie" isnt to serious ,, having a messed up back , can last a life time..
rest for 4 days, make everyone cater to ya,, and get better
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom