My Brown chinese geese are laying every other day and bator is full

Mine usually pip on day 26 I have never had one pip the smal end of the egg. But don't open the bator it will put the others at risk . Hopefully someone else has more advice about the small end of the pipping !!!

Well we've lost them all except for the one that pipped. He was struggling when I got home from work so I took the top of the egg where I had zipped it for him so that I could get a better look. He had pipped the egg on his own, but never absorbed his yolk.
hit.gif
They were all positioned at the small end of the egg. When I talked to a friend today that hatches geese every year she suggested that I lay them on their sides next time instead of large end up in my egg turner.

I think our biggest problem was humidity. For some reason the last 2 days I've had a struggle keeping it high enough.
Those poor babies. They were all fully formed, but never absorbed the yolk. The membranes had all collapsed on the inside and pulled away from the shell. This was a concern as the did not look right when they arrived, but that 's the chance you take with the USPS. If I had been able to keep the humidity up it probably would not have been such an issue. Today was day 30.

It is a sad day for us today.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Hopefully somebody can learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:
Oh i am so sorry !!! All of mine here have been fertile as well. I just moved 4 to lockdown today . Keep your fingers crossed !! I always stand mine large end up as well. Maybe next year I will try laying them down. Lucy ( My goose) is due to hatch the 5 duck eggs she is setting on in 2 days !! I sure hope they were fertile !! As she has been setting so patiently all of this time ... she wants to ba a mam so bad !!!

Lucy is hatching the duck eggs !! 1 yellow baby duck already out and wandering around and 4 more eggs still under Lucy she has been sucha good broody !!! Go Lucy !!!

Back
Top Bottom