My BRs are crazy in the head!

yakibert

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Whidbey Island, Wa
OK, yesterday, I let the chickens into the run, then closed the pop door and cleaned out the inside of the coop REALLY good.

Some scraping and other sounds as I cleaned. Sure.

Put the barn-yard pellets in (same brand), the food and water exactly as they were - and then opened the door.

They wouldn't go in!

So hours later, is't dusk ...and they wouldn't go in.

I put one in and before I get the other, the first is back out.

I get them both in and close the door (as they were trying to get back out) and inside, they're making a ruckus. Within a minute, they're on their perches but aren't happy about it.

This morning, I took an extra hour to open their pop door to let them into the run. They hadn't gotten off their perches at all. Then they do to quickly escape into the run.

They won't go inside ...or won't stay for long ..not even long enough to eat. The food is inside the coop ..so in order to eat, they gotta go inside.

I hope they get over their lapse of reason before they starve.
hu.gif

OK, yesterday, I let the chickens into the run, then closed the pop door and cleaned out the inside of the coop REALLY good.

Some scraping and other sounds as I cleaned. Sure.

Put the barn-yard pellets in (same brand), the food and water exactly as they were - and then opened the door.

They wouldn't go in!

So hours later, is't dusk ...and they wouldn't go in.

I put one in and before I get the other, the first is back out.

I get them both in and close the door (as they were trying to get back out) and inside, they're making a ruckus. Within a minute, they're on their perches but aren't happy about it.

This morning, I took an extra hour to open their pop door to let them into the run. They hadn't gotten off their perches at all. Then they do to quickly escape into the run.

They won't go inside ...or won't stay for long ..not even long enough to eat. The food is inside the coop ..so in order to eat, they gotta go inside.

I hope they get over their lapse of reason before they starve.
hu.gif
Did you use a chemical to clean the pen with or perhaps there is a snake or something inside that you didn't notice before.

It happens. I did a complete clean out this spring, and when they came in they went from the door to the roosts and just looked. Since I pit shavings on the platform under the roost they stayed on the perches. Not the first time they have seen clean shavings so I don't know what was going through their minds. Took a treat in their trough just to get half of them of the roost on on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom