My Buff Orpington Ducks!! *Pictures*

This thread is very old, but I'd like to try posting anyway. I love all these buff pics, and I'm excited to say that I'm ordering my own buffs this week from metzer. I'm ordering four or five depending on whether they have harlequins or not. :)

My name is Phoebe! ;-) they're gorgeous.
love.gif

Does anyone else notice their Buff hen having a fairly quiet quack compaired to other breeds? My 10 week old looks just like these ladies even though she was supposed to be a fawn and white crested runner, she quacks but it is muffeled and sounds like the dog toy called a "BOBO" that is long and skinny with one or more "squeekers" in it...not the obnoxious scream of my other girls! I am begining to wonder if she is a drake, but she has a more distinct word to her noise than the mumble of my welsh Harlequin drake ...any insite?

She doesn't sound raspy right? Maybe she's just a quiet female. I wonder if her place in the flock has anything to do with it?

I don't have buffs yet, but my swedish is a female and although females are supposedly very loud, she really isn't that bad either. She sounds like a female should, she just doesn't scream it to the world. :)

Its not so much raspy...like I was saying...there is definitely distinct word formation if you will as opposed to just garbeldeegook like Eddy makes! the tone is just so deep compared to the high pitch of the girls and shes much quieter. She is perfect as far as I am concerned I assure you! I love her to pieces!

How old is she? You may have said already but i'm reading multiple posts and have to be reminded lol. It looks like she's got her feathers...I'd be willing to bet that she is a she

Back
Top Bottom