my bunny i found dumped on the side of the road

That is great that you took the bunny in and are giving it a good home. Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yep. It makes it very hard for the judge when they behave like that on the show table!
wink.png

just curious how long should a rabbits nails be?

If you look at the claw in very bright light, you should be able to see the quick (pinkish area inside the claw, has nerves and blood vessels). When you trim the claws, you want to cut them just a little longer than the quick. Black claws can be hard to see through, so if you aren't sure, go for the point where the claw curves down and tapers sharply.​

Quote:
Yep. It makes it very hard for the judge when they behave like that on the show table!
wink.png

If you look at the claw in very bright light, you should be able to see the quick (pinkish area inside the claw, has nerves and blood vessels). When you trim the claws, you want to cut them just a little longer than the quick. Black claws can be hard to see through, so if you aren't sure, go for the point where the claw curves down and tapers sharply.​

thank you.ill have to be doing some more trimming of the nails tomorrow.

im thinking about breeding her to my free ranging white male.if only i can find a way to catch him.hmmmmm?
barnie.gif

Quote:
chinbunny i was telling the story in a nutshell.

my grandma and grandpa said they got a call from a petshop saying there was a rabbit that just got brought in that was thrown out of a car window in a box on the side of the road.now wether that is true or not i dont know.anyway the pet shop said she had been mis-treated.and thats all i know.but im guessing if they said she was thrown out of a car window in a box none the less,wouldnt that mean the previous owner doesnt want her anymore?i dont know.

Ah ok it helps to have details. I was under the impression you guys found it running lose by the road.

Quote:
chinbunny i was telling the story in a nutshell.

my grandma and grandpa said they got a call from a petshop saying there was a rabbit that just got brought in that was thrown out of a car window in a box on the side of the road.now wether that is true or not i dont know.anyway the pet shop said she had been mis-treated.and thats all i know.but im guessing if they said she was thrown out of a car window in a box none the less,wouldnt that mean the previous owner doesnt want her anymore?i dont know.

Ah ok it helps to have details. I was under the impression you guys found it running lose by the road.

nope in a box.lol.
wink.png

Quote:
wink.png

thank you.ill have to be doing some more trimming of the nails tomorrow.

im thinking about breeding her to my free ranging white male.if only i can find a way to catch him.hmmmmm?
barnie.gif

If you do that wait a couple of weeks. Giveher time to adjust, and make sure she is quarantined away from the other rabbits. You don't what type of diseases she has been exposed to, or if she is carryingh anything the other rabbits can catch. Always quarantine a rabbit when you get a new one like that. it would also be a good idea to cage the buck for awhile in his own cage. And take her to him. Because if you catch him and take him to her, she's going to beat him really bad, and possibly hurt him. Does do not like the boy bunnies in their space, and will scratch and bite at them. Its totally different when she is taken to his cage.

What is WRONG with people??? I am so glad this lucky little bunny has you. I've adopted a few cats over time due to the same thing. I can't figure out how anyone can be that cruel.

Oh my gosh, she is colored JUST like my evil male bunny!
lol.png
He will only tolerate me cleaning his cage or feeding/watering if I bring a veggie treat
roll.png

lcw, that bunny is cute!

eggstra new, your bunny is cute!

At least two of my bunnies I have, when the people didn't want them anymore, they advertised, DH called, and I love them!

I'm going to go hug them (again) now.

bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom