My California whites first egg!! (not white)

Probably Amberlinks.
Hmmm.... Maybe. Mine have less brown and in a different place (maybe leakage wasn't the right word? I'm pretty new at chicken genetics), the one that has it constantly looks like she spilled food down her front. All three also have huge combs and black spots. They look similar to these but with a little less black in any given spot: https://www.catchatoriifarms.com/CALIFORNIA-WHITE_p_34.html
I wish I had a good picture of my girls here...

Ideal hatchery sells California Whites with the note in there that they reserve the right to substitute their Ideal 236. The Ideal 236 is an entirely different mix.

I am 75% certain at least one of my own CW's is in fact an ideal 236.
Looking at those, I'm even more confused. That's what my girls look like, but mine have yellow legs. Maybe they're just hatchery quality whatever's.

This is a mix. she has some black spots on her as well. She does have a Rose Comb. Good luck...
2015-09-04 17.41.47.jpg

Last edited:
Your best bet to narrow down your pullet's breed may be to ask the manager at your Rural King which hatchery they received chicks from this past spring. Be sure and ask the main manager; not store employees. The manager should know; employees will likely have no clue.

Once you know the hatchery, you can look at their offered breeds, your pullet's characteristics, & hopefully solve the mystery.

Usually they have a breed sheet from the hatchery they get their chicks. It's usually posted somewhere around where they sell the chicks. I think they use different hatcheries depending on the stores location.

Back
Top Bottom