My car is on the news

JetBlack

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Coeur d'Alene, ID
KREM2 did a story while I was out at the track. Video quality is dismal but... I'm the black Mustang, end of the line, closest to the reporter. No video of me racing though so.... I'll add one to the end of this post.

Ran a 12.6 second 1/4 mile @ 108MPH. Finished some overdue suspension work today and will get a guy to help me, this coming weekend and maybe I can pull a tire off the ground.

http://www.krem.com/video?id=95714839&sec=550072

Here's the in-car video. This is on a 100 shot of nitrous. 4.5 second 0-60
big_smile.png
I drove this car to and from the track. Tomorrow, I drive it to work, like I always do.

thumbsup.gif
So glad to hear it wasnt because your car was used as the gettaway car in a bank robbery......

Or reported rolling backwards into a pond because the handbrake was left off .

I saw the redlight in the other lane. Wow, you guys have a really long shut down area. We have a really short one and I have been in the sand trap a couple of times. I didnt notice you activating your NOS. Is it rpm activated or something else? Curious as to what eggzactly did as far as suspinsion (sp?) work that you mentioned. I also noticed that you do a really short burn out. Any particular reason? What tire do you run at the track?

Very nice car by the way.

Quote:
Google map Spokane County Motorsports complex to see how long the run out really is. I took the first exit!

http://spokanecountyraceway.com/contact.html

For rear suspension... [deep breath] I replaced the lower control arms, and panhard rod, a long time ago, with lightweight higher strength, non-lead-filled, tubular, chrome-moly units. Yesterday I replaced the upper control arm with a heavy duty, tubular, chrome-moly one.

The rear sway bar mount location was too low for the 15" rims to fit so I cut them off and moved them up about 2 inches.

Rear wheels and tires are 15x10 WeldRacing alloy rims, wrapped in Mickey Thompson ET streets in 26x11.50-15 (AKA 275/50-15).

The ZEX kit activates only at WOT (wide open throttle, for those of you not into drag racing) and the window switch turns it on above 3500 RPM and shuts it off at 6000. The rev limiter is a fuel cut so it is set at 6800RPM, so I don't shut off the fuel, while blasting nitrous into the intake.

Dragtires.jpg

255vs275.jpg

Sideon.jpg

Old pic
neighborstree.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. She needs a bath, but I can't justify it until the weather stops raining.

nice ride

i had a camry that ran 13.5 .. supercharged of course .. it sure was fun

I'll see if I still have videos

I worry if it ever got stolen. In a high speed chase, hopefully my short gears would allow the police Chargers to catch up to it, eventually.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom