My cats new best friend

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mattfouse, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mattfouse

mattfouse New Egg

Jan 27, 2009
    My wife and I have 5 one month old chicks. I brought one of the welsumers up the other night to see what the cat would do. Lets just say they becames best friends fast. The cat snuggled up and they both fell asleep together. Has anybody ever had this happen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    How sweet! Our cat would have snuggled up to the chick, too - snuggled it into his mouth, that is [​IMG]! Nice to see how some critters are so mellow with the peeps. I think your kitty is a definite keeper!
    Liz

3. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Your cat looks very mellow -- OR is it just sleepy???

I wouldn't trust him to act the same outside without you looking!!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I've got a cat named Tuffy, and she stays out in the back yard with the chickens during the day, we call her the yard patrol. Its so cute, they will put her in her place, even though she isn't really doing anything. [​IMG] Actually all my cats are pretty much okay with the little guys, we do try to teach them that they are family, just like you guys, if you know what I mean? [​IMG] I love the picture, your kitty sure seems quite content too!

5. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Aww how sweet! I haven't had the experience with a cat, but our 7 year old boxer is such a good 'mother' to our chicks/chickens. She loves on them like they are her own-she'll even bathe them when she thinks they look dingy. [​IMG]

I love that second picture you have. Your cat looks like it's smiling. [​IMG]

6. Yoko

Yoko Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    SanDiego,California
    OMG how cute!! [​IMG] I think thats just wonderful and cute...cant say nothin more then that [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Adorable!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    aww that last pic is so cute it almost brings tears to my eyes lol....you should totally enter that in a calendar contest or some sort of picture contest!!!! seriously!! but do watch the cat around them, I have one that is fine when im around and maybe should would be when im not, but outside of this house, she is the best hunter ive ever seen and i KNOW what she capable of....shes always so curious about the chickens, but never tries to harm them, i just wonder what shes thinking....too easy? no these are the family pets. and im not aloud. or you just wait till later tweety! .... see idk....all im saying is be careful....but that picture is priceless!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by