My cats new best friend

mattfouse

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
My wife and I have 5 one month old chicks. I brought one of the welsumers up the other night to see what the cat would do. Lets just say they becames best friends fast. The cat snuggled up and they both fell asleep together. Has anybody ever had this happen.
21912_363970683_1253889857_0.jpeg

21912_363970946_1253890802_0.jpeg

21912_363920537_1253706803_0.jpeg

How sweet! Our cat would have snuggled up to the chick, too - snuggled it into his mouth, that is
lol.png
! Nice to see how some critters are so mellow with the peeps. I think your kitty is a definite keeper!
Liz

I've got a cat named Tuffy, and she stays out in the back yard with the chickens during the day, we call her the yard patrol. Its so cute, they will put her in her place, even though she isn't really doing anything.
D.gif
Actually all my cats are pretty much okay with the little guys, we do try to teach them that they are family, just like you guys, if you know what I mean?
wink.png
I love the picture, your kitty sure seems quite content too!

Aww how sweet! I haven't had the experience with a cat, but our 7 year old boxer is such a good 'mother' to our chicks/chickens. She loves on them like they are her own-she'll even bathe them when she thinks they look dingy.
lol.png

I love that second picture you have. Your cat looks like it's smiling.
smile.png

aww that last pic is so cute it almost brings tears to my eyes lol....you should totally enter that in a calendar contest or some sort of picture contest!!!! seriously!! but do watch the cat around them, I have one that is fine when im around and maybe should would be when im not, but outside of this house, she is the best hunter ive ever seen and i KNOW what she capable of....shes always so curious about the chickens, but never tries to harm them, i just wonder what shes thinking....too easy? no these are the family pets. and im not aloud. or you just wait till later tweety! .... see idk....all im saying is be careful....but that picture is priceless!!

Back
Top Bottom