my chick fell!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sheeshshe, May 9, 2009.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    I was holding the chick and the chick pooped on me and when I reached for a tissue the chick fell on the tile floor. perhaps 3 feet up? there was a thud... the chick layed there for a few seconds and then hopped back up like nothing happened... do you think she's going to be ok? she's acting normal and eating and drinking with the rest... Im just worried about internal injuries... do you think she's going to be ok? I feel terrible. really terrible. I think we need a sit down rule from now on...

2. love4mychick

love4mychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    ya she will be fine i think the only reason i could think she just sat there was cause she is shocked...now if she is holdeing out her wing or when she walks she wobbles then i would worry but right now i think she is fine

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Have you ever seen a baby bird jump out of a tree? They bounce. Don't worry.

4. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I think your chick will be A OK [​IMG] ! Last year I had a BO that jumped down maybe 4 1/2 ft and was perfectly fine. He didnt even freeze. About 1 second after he hit the linoleum he got up and I had to catch him LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by