My chick is a bully please HELP

jessnjaden

Hatching
Jun 12, 2022
I have 3 chicks and one is being a total bully. It picks on just one chick specifically. I didnt realize it could get this bad but while we were out one day the chick apparently beat up the other one so bad that blood was drawn and and we had to have the poor baby’s eye looked at. We separated the injured one until it was healed (thankfully the eye is still in tact and fully healed) 🙏 But upon reintroduction the bully tried to attack it again. Now the bully chick is in isolation until i investigate my options on how to handle it. They were all so good with eachother for the first few weeks, so i don’t understand where this behavior came from. 😵‍💫 i am a fairly new chick mama, i just want them safe and happy.

The bully is the one who should go into isolation. I would try that for a day or two, then reintroduce and see what happens.

Do you have things for them to do to beat boredom? A little roost, maybe a mirror or some wooden blocks for them to hop on?

The bully is the one who should go into isolation. I would try that for a day or two, then reintroduce and see what happens.

Do you have things for them to do to beat boredom? A little roost, maybe a mirror or some wooden blocks for them to hop on?
The bully is in isolation now with a little mirror to keep it occupied. The other 2 have a couple of little mirrors on each end of their space. I will definitely give them a woodblock or 2 though :)

Back
Top Bottom