1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chick is all alone :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by My3ChicksMBD, Sep 23, 2013.

1. My3ChicksMBD

My3ChicksMBD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2013
    Hello. My chick, Bagheera is the only chick I have now. She's probably around 5-6 weeks old. She is all alone in her blue container box in our garage. My other chicks got eaten by a bird. One chick was laying on the ground and the other one was missing. I need to get Bagheera a friend. Can I put a toy in there until I can get another chick? I will probably get one, this weekend. That's when the flea market I got my chicks at is open. Is my chick okay until then? Will she be too lonely? I feel so bad for her. ~Sincerely, My3ChicksMBD

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Try a mirror for company. Even more important make improvements so that a bird (likely a hawk) can not get at your chickens.

1 person likes this.
  3. My3ChicksMBD

Aug 30, 2013
    Thank you so much! And when the hawk got them, I wasn't outside. But I am going to make sure I watch my chick from now on :)

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Give her a stuffed animal that she can snuggle up against. A mirror is also a good idea, as it makes chicks think that they see another chick. Spend more time with her if you can, too, so that she doesn't feel too alone.

Good luck with finding another chick! I'm so sorry that your chicks were killed. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. My3ChicksMBD

Aug 30, 2013
    Thank you so much!!! I really want her to have a toy like you said. If she is happy, I'm happy :)

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I would definitely get her a stuffed animal or other fluffy thing to snuggle against until you can get another chick. A mirror is a good idea, too. And of course, keep handling her so that she doesn't feel too alone.

Hope you find another chick!

7. My3ChicksMBD

Aug 30, 2013
    Thank you so much!!! :)

8. katievallance

katievallance Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2012
    Sorry to hear about your chicks. Hope you find another one soon. Good luck to you.

9. My3ChicksMBD

Aug 30, 2013
    Thank you :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by