My chick is peeping loudly is trying to curl up into a ball again!

Hello Everyone,
Thank You for your reply's. The chick has finally found it's feet and is walking and acting like a very healthy chick! :)
HI ... I was wondering how long it took for your chick to find his feet and balance? I have a quail chick that i had to help and he/she finally is out but is floppy around and cannot balance nor get on her feet... she is still curled as if she were still in the egg.

HI ... I was wondering how long it took for your chick to find his feet and balance? I have a quail chick that i had to help and he/she finally is out but is floppy around and cannot balance nor get on her feet... she is still curled as if she were still in the egg.
I'm having the same problem right now. How did your scenario end up? I don't want it to suffer, but also don't want to cull it if it's not necessary.

I'm having the same problem right now. How did your scenario end up? I don't want it to suffer, but also don't want to cull it if it's not necessary.
Welcome To BYC

This thread is from 2019 and the Original poster has not been on in a long time, they may not respond to you.

If you can give more information, we will try to give you some suggestions.
How old is the chick, did you have to assist hatch, can it walk, can it drink or take drops of water?
Where are you keeping the chick and what is the temperature of the brooder on the cold and warm side?

Photos of the chick and brooder may also be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom