My chicken ate my hairband!!! HELP

about the size of my wrist it was tight on my arm maybe 4 inches circumference and smooth not scrunchie

*hair tie, not band....I was thinking those half circle ones that hold your hair back, where the ends go behind your ears....I was like how the HECK does a chicken eat THAT???? LOL!!! I don't know if she'll be okay, though....I don't see her digesting it, so it might just stay in her crop. Do chickens regurgitate anything that doesn't go down right????

IDK i am freakin out she ate it whole and is walking around like it was a good old worm im hoping she just poops it out my bro did that with a dime
lol.png
i am still freakin out
ep.gif

HELP i am freaking out my dad was like "if she dies she dies" she's my favorite chicken! sweet kind and luvable to never eat! help i dont wanna be a chicken killer!!! especially if it causes her pain (though she managed a lsug the size of my hairband but that wasnt made of rubber and thread!) HELP ME!!!
fl.gif
i dont want her to die!
hit.gif

Awww I'm sorry! I don't know what to tell you! I hope she can pass it, but I just don't see it coming out! Maybe someone else will post soon. Don't beat yourself up, chickens do crazy things sometimes!
hugs.gif

sickbyc.gif
i feel bad cuz she was pecking it and stupid me i dangled it for her so she could peck it and i was on the fone trying to deal with my call and she picked it out and swallowed it like a cartoon swallowing a big pole but without the funny shape to her body... i thought i could feel it in her throat i just thought she would play with it like my other chick not eat it! sigh...
fl.gif

Was it just a solid elastic hair band, or one of those elastic hair bands with a metal joining piece? If it's just a solid band, she'll probably be okay!
smile.png
Just keep an eye on her for a day or two. You'd be surprised what chickens can eat and survive.

Back
Top Bottom