My chicken caught a fish!!!

DavKarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
I just had to share -

I was sitting down at the creek enjoying the afternoon sunshine. The girls like to scratch around along the mud and get drinks from the water. Suddenly- one of our white Leghorns ran up from the creek with a little tiny 3" fish in her mouth...it was still wiggling. She ran around with her prize for a few minutes and then finally managed to slurp it down before the other hens knew what was up.

I was so glad my husband was there to witness the event too. I don't think anyone would believe us!!!

Cool. My roosters have caught little frogs or toads about the same size and ran around with the hens following. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that given the opportunity a chicken would catch a fish.

Better than bugs
big_smile.png

I just had to share -

I was sitting down at the creek enjoying the afternoon sunshine. The girls like to scratch around along the mud and get drinks from the water. Suddenly- one of our white Leghorns ran up from the creek with a little tiny 3" fish in her mouth...it was still wiggling. She ran around with her prize for a few minutes and then finally managed to slurp it down before the other hens knew what was up.

I was so glad my husband was there to witness the event too. I don't think anyone would believe us!!!
Haha! That's so crazy! Of course, I would have tried to snatch the fish from her like all the other hens, 'cause I am a fish-freak! I'd have put it in my aquarium... XD But thanks for sharing!

Maybe set up a video camera down there too see if she'll do it again on camera! No need for fishing rods with her around!
1f604.png
Thanks for sharing this is so cool !
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom