My Chicken Coop!!

jamieluzs4

Songster
7 Years
Jul 1, 2012
East Coast
Yay! My dad and i finished my chicken coop! It's still in progress, because i need to put shingles on and such, but its liveable! I first got my chicks as pets because they seemed like fun little animals:) so, we bought two to be my responsibility! Its been a really fun experience, because i pay for some of the stuff, i take care of them, and helped with the chicken coop. inside the coop is a hutch for them to sleep in at night. Theres food, water, and a bed area. I'm going to get a nesting box soon for my girls eggs, but right now they're only 2 months old. My girls are really sweet and i wanted the best coop for them! (ts big because im planning on adding more!) ANY OPINIONS? PLEASE SHARE!! :)

Outside of it

Inside of the coop

Hutch they sleep in

inside of the hutch

They may like to have a roosting bar in their hutch to sleep on at night. You can probably just grab a thick branch (at least 2" in diameter), cut it to the right length and screw it into place in the hutch - either diagonally from the side wall to the back wall or straight across from the side wall to the dividing wall. If you want to make it removable so that you can clean the hutch out more easily, you can get or build brackets and screw them on the walls and then just lay the roosting bar across. Your hutch is on the small size so the roosts don't have to be that high up, just a few inches up off the ground. Good luck and I love your Cochin's name!

Back
Top Bottom