My chicken died in a live trap

TequellaC

In the Brooder
May 1, 2023
So my hen Goldie passed away today.
But I can’t wrap my head around what happened.
All the chickens were accounted for in the coop/run when we left the house and she was alive. We got home a few hrs later and she was found dead in a live trap my husband had set close to their coop/run. We only have a couple chickens that can get out of the coop and are in the process of getting a net over it because we went back and forth on either clipping the wings or putting a net up.
No visible injuries at all. So idk if she had a heat stroke, or went into shock.
Has anyone had this happen to one of theirs?

So my hen Goldie passed away today.
But I can’t wrap my head around what happened.
All the chickens were accounted for in the coop/run when we left the house and she was alive. We got home a few hrs later and she was found dead in a live trap my husband had set close to their coop/run. We only have a couple chickens that can get out of the coop and are in the process of getting a net over it because we went back and forth on either clipping the wings or putting a net up.
No visible injuries at all. So idk if she had a heat stroke, or went into shock.
Has anyone had this happen to one of theirs?
If she was out in the sun after being trapped that likely killed her.I'm so sorry you lost your hen in a trap! I recommend using a mesh netting temporarily until you get it covered with something predator proof .Mine were starting to pull feathers out in their small grow out pen I attached to their coop (they were still small) I finished their run just in time .

Back
Top Bottom