my chicken folly

Oh wow thats beautiful! Good work!
droolin.gif

That is so funny becouse my wife and i have been talking about using a play house that we have that looks like a log cabin. I think yous looks great and it would have to be easy to clean.

Quote:
It is gorgeous!!!
droolin.gif

We have been planning to make a tree house type coop for guineas when we get some. I could never find a design i liked. I l.o.v.e. yours!!! Thank you so much for sharing it here.

Question, was it difficult working with the natural materials and what type of wood did you use? We have a whole list of projects we want to do similar with. A gate for the drive is at the top of the list but i think we might just have to bump it and try something like this.
bow.gif

It is a little more work to use the natural materials, but worth it. The lattice is willow, and the front posts are maple but you can see that they rotted at the bottom a little. Since then we have used black locust (for it's rot resistance) for similar projects. The only problem with locust is you have to use it while it's freshly cut because it becomes hard at rock and is much harder to cut and to work with. The roof is cedar shakes.

Back
Top Bottom