my chicken folly

new chick 203

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 8, 2010
Ridgefield CT
We've gone quite mad. We built a tree house for the girls and they love it!
tongue.png

48643_folly.jpg

right. They have a secure coop, but this is for general amusement. They love climbing up there. It was originally built for our dog who wanted nothing to do with it so we mounted it up on a tree stump and built the ladder.

I love that and am bookmarking it so I can show my husband. I would love to have something like this for the combined flock when that happens. It is so cute!
love.gif

You are not crazy unless everyone who does things just for fun are crazy. I think creative fun is wonderful--and so is your darling tree house!
2uge4p4.gif

No, you are NOT the lone crazy!
big_smile.png

One of the reasons I really like the Little Tike playhouse I converted into a "grow out" coop is that it SO appeals to my sense of whimsy.
41679_playhouse-zorroonrampbest.jpg

The four pullets who "grew out" in it and its temporarily fenced "run" within the entire chicken run go back into it each night to sleep. However, during the day, there are many other pullets from The Big Coop who check it out. One of them is even laying her eggs in the Booda {cat litter box} I set up inside it as a nest box.
41679_playhouse-interioroccupied.jpg

Clever pullet! The current occupants aren't old enough to lay, yet.

I've started looking for other plastic playhouses because I think I'd like to make a whole village of them, all in a row.

Back
Top Bottom