My chicken got attacked by a hawk!

We rinsed with saline. Put peroxide on it and then blue koted it. It happened 7 day ago. She has been doing well and seems to be eating and drinking. It does seem to have pus it almost seems like it will wipe off. She's been inside but we take her out to run around with her friends. She's running and eating. Should we inject penicillin?
20180304_171157.jpg
20180304_171053.jpg

Thanks i think so too
It does look like bruising. It actually looks pretty good, and is healing nicely, no redness or pus. It sounds like she is doing well. I wouldn't do the penicillin. If you see pus when lightly applying pressure you could gently remove the scab with warm water or saline solution and then flush with the water or saline solution. I would stay away from hydrogen peroxide.

Thanks i only did it the first time. But not after. No pus at all.
It does look like bruising. It actually looks pretty good, and is healing nicely, no redness or pus. It sounds like she is doing well. I wouldn't do the penicillin. If you see pus when lightly applying pressure you could gently remove the scab with warm water or saline solution and then flush with the water or saline solution. I would stay away from hydrogen peroxide.

Back
Top Bottom