My chicken has a cold

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
My chicken has a cold and is sneezing, is there anything i can give her to help her get over it?

Sorry about your bird.
Bring it into somewhere warm. That's about all I know.
hmm.png

Chickens dont get colds, they get a specific disease(s.) Or, it could possibly be an environmental issue such as dust from feed, ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, pollen, smoke etc...causing your chicken to sneeze. The enviromental issues can be eliminated. Here's a link to respiratory diseases. Scroll down to "infectious Coryza" and Mycoplasma Gallisepticum" (MG.) It seems they are the two most prevelent diseases floating around.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Quote:
They talk about discharge not sneezing and she has no discharge, it wouldnt suprise me if it was the soiled bedding fumes.

I am not sure what it could be BUT we recently found a product called Oxine. It sounds like it could be an amazing product. There are several ways to use it, a fogger (which seems to be more than most people are willing to use) or it can be administered directly into their water. We have ordered some but have not gotten to use it yet, we have just been too busy! Look into it though. It sound like something that can be used as a preventative and also as a treatment.

Back
Top Bottom