My chicken has a red mass in her eye, and I do not know what it is?

sporras6

Hatching
Apr 17, 2023
My 2 year old hen had this kind of cyst growing under her eye. I thought at the beginning that it was a bite but after 2 months it grew more. I searched the internet for answers, and it said something in regards Coyza infection or a cyst. I don’t have any vet in my city that treat poultry. An some one help me please

Attachments

• 6AF4BE6E-B25B-489C-A874-74E4A87929BE.jpeg
    6AF4BE6E-B25B-489C-A874-74E4A87929BE.jpeg
    640 KB · Views: 7
It appears to be a pecking injury that is now infected. You will need to perform some aggressive treatment to get it under control. Feel up to it?

You will need to be prepared to wash the eye with saline and treat it twice a day with Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment or Triple antibiotic ointment.

But the first step is the most difficult but must be done. The swelling is likely pus, and it's risking her eye sight. It needs to be pushed out of the eye. You start at the beak and push the pus out of the eye. It will be semi-solid like tooth paste or soft wax. After doing that, you should be able to see her eye, and she should be able to use the eye.

Continue the daily washing with saline and 2 x daily ointment until eye is completely healed.

Thank you very much your answer. I really appreciate it. I was a little bit despertar. I will do so.

Back
Top Bottom