My Chicken has an extra foot

Tsutee

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2021
I bought a Mystic Moran and noticed she has an extra foot not just extra toes but an actual foot. She doesn't seem to be having a problem as of yet, but she is still young, only about 2 months. She hops more than walks as she steps on it otherwise. I am keeping an eye on things as I will probably have to clip the nails frequently.
I don't feel the need to have it removed as she gets around, eats and drinks just fine.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I bought a Mystic Moran and noticed she has an extra foot not just extra toes but an actual foot. She doesn't seem to be having a problem as of yet, but she is still young, only about 2 months. She hops more than walks as she steps on it otherwise. I am keeping an eye on things as I will probably have to clip the nails frequently.
I don't feel the need to have it removed as she gets around, eats and drinks just fine.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Inbreeding and incubator settings cause stuff like that. You didn’t notice before you paid for the bird?

When trying to catch a chicken, after dark when they are on the roost, I use a headlamp with the red light on to sneak into my coop and pick up a chicken. This works for giving medicines or worming, or for examining them.

Back
Top Bottom