My Chicken Has Blue Eyes - Does Yours?

I know this was 5 years ago, but does anyone here still have their blue eyed chickens? Do you breed them? I’d love to buy some if you do, or maybe even buy the eggs if they’re fertilized. I definitely want to add a blue eyed bloodline to my Easter Eggers!
I have a white and grey splash americauna that has grey/blue eyes (and not Marek's disease like many posters have implied- the pupils of all chickens posted are not signs of Marek's). Her eyes are gorgeous, never seen them before.

Actually, my drake has some blue in his eyes. I notice it when he’s out for his daily swim under the sun.
I never really knew a duck could have such light eyes???
He sees well! Lol, nothing wrong with his eyes that I know of.

Ducklingguy 🦆

I am so jealous! I really want a blue eyed chicken (my eyes are also blue, haha) I saw someone post about breeding the eye color trait, does that work? I have some Blue Laced Red wyandottes that have beautiful green eyes that I would like to breed for the green eye trait. Also, what breeds are your blue eyed chickens? Do any of the chicken breeds out there have blue eyes bred into that breed?

I am so jealous! I really want a blue eyed chicken (my eyes are also blue, haha) I saw someone post about breeding the eye color trait, does that work? I have some Blue Laced Red wyandottes that have beautiful green eyes that I would like to breed for the green eye trait. Also, what breeds are your blue eyed chickens? Do any of the chicken breeds out there have blue eyes bred into that breed?
I just read that Blue Laced red Wyandottes are supposed to have red eyes? A couple of my BLRW have changed their eye color, now they are sortive yellow green. Some have yellow. None of them have red. What's up with that?

I just read that Blue Laced red Wyandottes are supposed to have red eyes? A couple of my BLRW have changed their eye color, now they are sortive yellow green. Some have yellow. None of them have red. What's up with that?
Mine just has orange eyes, similar to most chickens.

I've never had a chicken with blue eyes but I used to have an Easter egger hen with the most gorgeous hazel eyes.
image-2020-08-03-13-55-36.jpg

This was Penny. Unfortunately she passed unexpectedly last year but she was one of the prettiest chickens I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom