My chicken has constipation, what do I do?

Sorry I took so long to come back, but she has had a miraculous recovery. She was happy as larry inside, wandering around and pecking at the floor and everything, so we put her back outside, and she puffed up again but soon she was back to her usual self, so I believe she was just attention seeking.

I would just like to say thankyou to everyone who contributed, it is nice to know that there is somewhere to turn if the chickens are unwell, without paying an arm and a leg for a vet and it just turning out to be nothing.

P.S. the chicken loved the yoghurt.
smile.png

I had a hen who became progressively sick. 'Passed white liquid poop. I isolated her and thought she would die. She too was puffed up, head in and wouldn't eat or drink and hardly moved. After about two weeks, she started to take a little yoghurt and gradually livened up to the point that I put her back with the others. Her comb isn't as red as theirs and they haven't been very welcoming but she is very hungry and eager to feed AND one day i saw a HUGE lump of poo that I think was hers. Still whitish but very firm and more than a cup full!
Could this have been constipation? I have no idea. I don't think she is laying yet-she was before her illness-but she is certainly eating and active. So I hope yours does the same.
Can anyone tell us more re constipation and how to avoid it when the other hens are doing just fine?

Back
Top Bottom