-20 is super cold, I see frostbite under -10 Fahrenheit, shed is well ventilated. Moisture isn't the issue at colder temperatures as the humidity drops along with the temperature. If there's a moisture build up at lower temperatures it's a ventilation problem for sure, but here temperatures are the main factor in frostbite.

Different places have different weather conditions so it isn't a one size fits all situation.
I totally agree. I certainly learned that last bit the hard way when we had -50 temps.

I'm quite certain that's not frostbite. Problem is, I probably can't tell you WHAT it is, either. Could you post a pic?
update: she tried to stand today and used her wings for balance. She is very alert and still eating and drinking. She is not laying but I think that is because of the stress.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 7.28.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 7.28.17 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 14
What? I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking.
You said you had no issues with frostbite excluding your 10 week old chicks. The hens in the thread where you were asking if they were full Marans have frostbite which you said are your current flock. It is obvious that you have issues with frostbite. Or am I missing something? That is why I said I was confused.

Back
Top Bottom