My chicken is acting weird...

dowgirl71

Songster
9 Years
Oct 25, 2012
Brewer, Maine
This AM when I went out to let my girls out (3 Barred Rocks under a year), one of them flew up into the air in the coop and almost made it over the wall. She struggled to fly up the screen, but didn't make it and fell back down onto the floor. My other two just went outside and when I peeked around to see her, she flipped over a few times in the shavings and then, came to a rest. I thought she had injured herself. So I went to get something to put her in, so the others wouldn't pick on her. By the time I came back, she seemed fine and was just picking around with the others, but still acting very scared of me. She is my one who isn't crazy about going outside in this cold weather, anyway and usually stays inside their shed, unless I bring them treats outside. I watched her standing inside the shed, a while ago and her eyes started to close for a little bit but as soon as I moved, she perked right back up again. She will usually take treats from me, but now, doesn't want to come near me. This is my first year with chickens, so I have no idea what is going on.

This AM, when I went out, she was still cowering in the corner of the coop and I observed the "boss" hen picking on her. I also noticed a couple bloody spots on her comb. So, I took her out and put her in the tractor I had for them, when they were chicks. She spent the day in there and seemed quite comfortable, but didn't seem to eat or drink. She did pick at a little bit of bread that I gave her but is also still acting afraid of me. It took me a little longer than usual to catch her. I have no idea what is going on.

No, sadly Mya is in "chicken heaven." That's what I had to tell my boys when I picked them up from school, today.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom