My chicken is doing this and I'm totally clueless and concerned.

Yes, he is alone, he has no companion. And yes he stays indoors a lot. Actually, he spends most days inside since it's very hot. And being in an apartment, he has no proper place to roam freely. But we do take him to the terrace every day so that he can roam around.
This is not a natural life for a chicken. I’m not surprised it’s having issues. Can you rehome him to a farm so he can be an actual chicken? A cat or small dog is way more suited for apartment life. And he needs chicken companions. He’ll start humping and trying to mate you eventually.

Sorry, where’s the video?

I am assuming inside you have AC or something? The comb color just doesn’t look right. I would wonder about a respiratory issue or maybe anemia? Unfortunately I don’t know a lot about those issues and their presentation, or if even applicable for him.

Let me try to tag some other people that might know (hope I pick the right ones!)
@casportpony @aart @ ... sorry I know there’s other knowledgeable people ...

I am assuming inside you have AC or something? The comb color just doesn’t look right. I would wonder about a respiratory issue or maybe anemia? Unfortunately I don’t know a lot about those issues and their presentation, or if even applicable for him.

Let me try to tag some other people that might know (hope I pick the right ones!)
Videos are in the original post.

This is not a natural life for a chicken. I’m not surprised it’s having issues. Can you rehome him to a farm so he can be an actual chicken? A cat or small dog is way more suited for apartment life. And he needs chicken companions. He’ll start humping and trying to mate you eventually.
Yess!! We are going to give him to a place where he can be free and is suitable for him. But since he's been with us for few months, we're so attached to him and we were so worried and wanted him to be in good health. We'll definitely rehome him!!
Thank you so much.

yes, we do have an AC and he's been inside the room with AC on, if this is really unsuitable to him, we'll stop it. Thank you for your suggestions and views!!

Back
Top Bottom