My chicken is shivering

Chickentrouble1

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2016
I have 11 chicks all about 2 month old 2 of the 11 are quails and the rest are pekins. I have 3 different types. All of my chickens were hatched out of a homemade incubated I have 3 light brown pekins that hatched out of 6 egg and 5 dark brown that hatched out of 6 eggs now the one that shivering is a black pekin called goldie because when it was little it was the most gold out of all of the other ones. Goldie was the only one out of 6 eggs to hatch of its breed and was the first to hatch.it was also the smallest.i have noticed it shivering and I don't now what to do it has all of its feathers I believe. And it's also eating and drinking I think ,so if you now what wrong can you please help. She/he was fine when she/he was little :(

try putting it under some heat. is she eating and everything okay? check her for injuries, worms in poop, sour crop. Don't think they get all their feathers at 2 months... blood feathers are really what keep them warm those don't come in until later but I don't know much about your breed of birds maybe it's different. warm her up for sure under lamp & check her out.

Welcome to BYC.

What are your temperatures like?
Are they outside? If so, how long has it been since they were out of the brooder and introduce to the outside?

Is she shivering or is she seizing?
Any signs of huddling, fluffed up appearance, what does her poop look like?

they been outside for about a month, and have an inside area , inside its nice and warm and there a heat lamp but we don't use it any more because they all looked fine and we dodnt want to over hear them I lol tell you if she eating and drinking soon I just need to make sure she is

this is goldie she seems to be doing ok but I'm going to keep my eye on her

I just but her in a box to have a good look and she has blood on a couple of feathers and still shacking what should I do ?? I'm really worried should I put her back whith the other chickens as she calling for them

here a closer picture of the blood sorry for spamming but she's my favourite chicken and I want to help her as much as I can

Back
Top Bottom