My chicken is wheezing and sneezing

Horris4129

Hatching
Aug 10, 2016
Hi,

My chicken is wheezing, coughing and sneezing. He wheezes after he crows and sneezes a lot. he has recently just survived a near death experience with heat stoke (that unfortunately killed all of our other chickens) i was wondering if his wheezing and sneezing had anything to do with this? He is normally very healthy and likes to peck, but when we checked him this morning he hasn't made a sound and didn't want to wake up. i have read that bread dipped in olive oil helps but so far he hasn't eaten any of it, i have also read that scrambled egg helps? this has been happening for about a week.

Thank-you!
smile.png

Sounds similar to Mycoplasma. 3 weeks ago I bought a group of new rare breed chicks and 2 days later they started sneezing and wheezing. Some now have closed eyes and discharge. I took the first one that died to the vet school and I came back positive for Mycoplasma. Now I have to decide if I need to kill the whole bunch and start over or close the flock. I don't like either choice. I don't want to kill them but I'm also afraid of keeping them in separate areas is still to risky to the other hens I originally had.

Back
Top Bottom